Bolly Dancing is looking for dance and fitness instructor across a range of disciplines including Bollywood (and other Indian dance styles), Bharatnatyam, Indian folk dance, Zumba fitness, Zumba kids. We are looking for high energy dance and fitness instructors to teach a range of group classes at Bolly Dancing Studio and our clients across Singapore. As a choreographer and fitness instructor, you'll create and plan routines for fitness classes, performances for family or corporate events or for auditions for TV and films. You might create your own dance pieces or interpret a director's instructions depending on the brief provided. You'll need a high level of dancing ability, the patience to teach others and to know what looks good to a wider audience, as well as the communication skills needed to make sure that your directions are coming across clearly to your dancers.
- Creative imagination and a ear for music
- High level of dancing ability and general fitness
- Knowledge of established dance steps and movements
- Knowledge of Indian classical dance will help.
- Bollywood dance fitness background
- Good communication skills for working with people & energy and stamina to try out the movements yourself and demonstrate them to others.
- strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Teach classes to a wide range of children and/or adults with patience and understanding
- Plan and deliver outstanding lessons that are engaging and show progression
- Edit music for performances
- Choreograph routines for shows and community performances
- Meet any deadlines given. For example finishing routines, handing in music, uploading plans etc.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class to set up and prepare fully for your classes and chat with the students and parents.
- Actively engage with parents between classes to update them on their child’s achievements and progress and assist with creating a relaxed and calm atmosphere in our waiting area.
- Be available to work a variety of hours that studio is open for including weekends. Days and number of hours will depend on the strengths of the candidate.
- Have at least 1 year teaching experience.
- Have a relevant teaching qualification.
- Have experience teaching or working with children aged 3-8 years (Your role wouldn’t be limited to this age but experience with this age would be advantageous)
- Love feedback and have a hunger to learn and develop in all areas of life
- Be open to change, new technology and ideas for the studio
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have a can-do attitude
Please include a cover letter detailing your experience with dance and teaching, your resume, and dance reel or links to your dance/choreography performances.